Tuesday, October 6, 2009

life with my man

Ryan sets out his clothes for work each night before we crawl into bed. Last night I'd mentioned he forgot to lay out pants. His response, "Yea, I'm going to wear the pair on the floor." I stare down at the jeans he just took off, stiffened into a dirty, denim heap. My response, "Um Hon, those are filthy." Obviously exasperated by my ignorance, he responded (and I'm giving you a direct quote here, folks) "Sweetheart, I can't keep wearing clean jeans every single day!" Two seconds later, he was asleep. Today, as I work on laundry, I can't help but ponder the social norms inside a power plant.

1 comment:

  1. Katie - he's trying to be resourceful. Just imagine home much $$ he'd waste on purchasing new jeans and to ruin them after wearing them once. (i love that you did this post, btw)

    ReplyDelete