Sunday, April 11, 2010

letters

Me (about the same age as Teddy) and my dad at Elm Creek Park Reserve, Maple Grove MN

My father has written me wonderful little notes over the years. I keep them close.

December 7th, 1982

Katie,
This is the best thing that could have happened to us - having you. We love you.
Dad

December 7th, 2006

Katie,
It's hard to believe this is your last birthday as just mine. It seems like just yesterday we were going to Marilyn's together, then basketball games and dance recitals...watching Dances with Wolves together every other weekend.
You've been the greatest delight in my life. I'm so proud of our relationship - you're everything I could have hoped for...I love you very much.
Dad

Mother's Day, 2009

I love watching you and Teddy together. He's such a lucky little boy to have you as his Mom. Katie, I think we are what we become because of our mothers, and you are an incredible mom.
Love you and miss you.
Dad

So that's my dad. Always so sweet to celebrate me. Tonight though, I want to take a moment to celebrate him and say how very much I love you, Dad. I hope you had a wonderful, joyous birthday last week. You are always in the very center of my heart. Everything I do, every way I grow, comes from that place. See you in two weeks, Teddy and I will take you out for a belated slice of cake.

1 comment:

  1. your dad is an amazing man. he and you are lucky to have eachother:)

    ReplyDelete