Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The sweetest of blessings


Yes, that's right! The Alcott trio is expecting a new little lad to join our family this winter! Last week we found out it was a boy and we couldn't be more thrilled. Such a gift, this soon-to-be built in best friend for Theodore....and for Ryan and I, the blessing of another son! There are no words to describe our excitement and gratitude.

It is this gratitude that has filled my spirit throughout the pregnancy. After been given the gift of motherhood with Theodore, there is a quiet and powerful awe that comes with knowing such a miracle will enter our lives again. My heart has an impenetrable bubble of happiness surrounding it. We are so thankful.

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
1 Samuel 1:27

2 comments:

  1. tearing up as I read this. motherhood has made me a softy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel!...now I'm tearing up hearing you teared up! Motherhood definitely makes your heart softer.

    ReplyDelete