Wednesday, September 29, 2010

sweet surprises

A couple months ago, a friend from Clarksville posted this on her Facebook page. Ryan and I completely teared up watching it. It's pretty awesome. The little doll, with whom the video opens, is also from Clarksville. Her elementary footage was shot at a school just down the street from my old apartment. :-)



Yesterday at the park, Teddy and I hung out with another mama about my age and her two-year old lad. After visiting for some time, I learned her husband has been deployed for the last seven months and will be gone at least another six. I can't even imagine. I struggle when Ry's out of town for a few days. Our military families are SUPERHEROS, no doubt about it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome video. There is truly no greater feeling in the world than hugging your soldier when they step off the plane :) SO much joy, relief, love, gratitude, and excitement are released in that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... It's a good thing I have a box of tissues on my desk. Great post Katie. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete